- Prescribed Burns for Sonoma County
- Fire in California UC's fire resources website
- CA Fire Science Consortium a network of scientists and managers that strives to accelerate the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science information
- LUC Lab at UC-Berkeley researching land and land use change
- ReadyForWildfire.org CalFire's fire resources website
- **NEW Wildfire Risk to Communities maps by US Forestry Service
Post-fire vegetation assessment and planning for landscape and community resiliency to fires. This story map includes time lapse of the fires, winds, types of damage, heat maps, historical fires in the area, and what can be done to reduce likelihood of these types of events.
- Decreasing forest density will reduce fire risk, build climate resilience
- Effects of Wildfire Suppression Chemicals on People and the Environment - A review
- Fires in California's Oak Woodlands, D McCreary, UCCE, 6/2004
- Health Impacts of Wildfires, pdf 11/2012
- Learning to live with wildfires: how communities can become ‘fire-adapted', The Conservation, 7/2016
- New era of western wildfire demands new ways of protecting people, ecosystems
- Precipitation and wildfire impacted by climate change
- Wildland Fire Ash-Production, Composition and Eco-hydro-geomorphic effects, pdf 2013
- Wildfire & Rangeland Management - Mediating Impacts ot Conservation & Ranching, CA Rangeland Conservation Coalition, videos of presentations at 2016 Summit
Kincade Fire - Oct 2019
If you experienced agricultural and/or forestry losses, please contact our office, we can help you assess the losses and get you connected with funding sources and practices to implement before rains start.
- Livestock, pastures, watershed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vineyards: email@example.com
- Forestry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Recovery Guide from the EDB.
For any agricultural losses - TAKE PHOTOS and keep receipts and a diary of any repairs. Contact the following:
Agricultural losses - contact both:
SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Businesses and Residents Affected by the Kincade Fire.
Disaster Loan Outreach Center
Mondays - Fridays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
Applicants may also call SBA's Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com