On this page:
Sign up for Nixel notifications.
Fire Cameras real time views from cameras in the North Bay.
Fire + Wind map in real time by SARTOPO.
Fire Footprint CalFire paremeter and hot spots by National Interagency Fire Center and Fire Footprint NOTE: change the date on the legend to get latest information. By NASA Fire Information for Resource Management System.
Fire Map by #FireMappers
Fire Map & Tracker by San Francisco Chronicle
FlightRadar to see where the planes and helicopters are in real time.
Historical Fire Footprints by CalOES.
PSPS Scheduled Outages determine if you will be impacted by PG&E Public Safety Power Shut-off
Smoke shows where smoke may travel in the next 24 hours by NOAA. Experimental, click on Near Surface Smoke in the legend. Slow to load.
StoryMaps of 2020 Wildfires fires by GIS Specialists and Public Information Officers.
Weather Hazards and Data Viewer by NOAA - Red Flag, etc.
Windy shows wind direction into the next week.
Evacuation Map for Sonoma County includes road closures and Hwy 101 traffic cameras by County of Sonoma.
If you need access to your crops during a disaster, contact Sonoma County Department of Agriculture - NOTE access will not be granted in active fire areas:
Livestock & Horses
- Access to livestock and horses in evacuation zone contact - NOTE access will not be granted in active fire areas:
email@example.com or 707-565-3442 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-565-2648
- Assistance with evacuating animals (large and small):
- Livestock Evacuation Centers
General Evacuation Resources
- Animal evacuation preparedness by HALTER.
- California Fire Resources by Disaster Assistance Team (Google Doc) a collection of resources animal, financial medical, mental, smoke, recovery and so on.
- Evacuation Checklist printable 2 page document by City of Santa Rosa.
- Personal Emergency Plan by Sonoma County Dept of Emergency Management
- Price Gouging (including gas): It’s illegal to charge more than 10% above the price charged/advertised day before declaration of emergency (Penal Code sec. 396) Report by going to the Attorney General website or by calling (800) 952-5225.
- Sonoma County Hazardous Vegetation Abatement and Inspection ordinance information
- Prescribed Burns for Sonoma County
- Fire in California UC's fire resources website
- CA Fire Science Consortium a network of scientists and managers that strives to accelerate the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science information
- LUC Lab at UC-Berkeley researching land and land use change
- ReadyForWildfire.org CalFire's fire resources website
- Wildfire the science behind — and in front of — climate change, and what you can do about it by UC Davis Climate & Science.
- Wildfire Risk to Communities maps by US Forestry Service