Updated May 14, 2020
Latest updates to this page (newest on top):
Coronavirus and COVID-19 by UC ANR resources for Agriculture, Food & Nutrition, Youth Development, Gardening, Exploring Your Environment and Health & Wellness.
COVID-19 Resources for Agriculture by UC Davis Western Center for Agricultural Health & Safety. Many of the resources are available in both English and Spanish.
- Agricultural Worksite Checklist to keep employees and the work site safe.
CSA and Online Sales Resources for Farmers, from the Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF), including General Resources, COVID-19 Resources, CSA and Direct Online Sales Tips, CSA and online sales software.
EDB resources for Agriculture, Wine & Cannabis
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention for Agricultural Employers and Employees
- Meat and Poultry Processing Guidelines for Workers and Employers
- 2020 Agriculture, Wine & Cannabis Industry Webinar (COVID-19)
Essential Employee Pass (pdf) for agricultural workers by Sonoma County Farm Bureau.
Farm Commons provides legal advice for ag enterprises and is posting videos about various topics related to the virus.
Farm Stand & Shops guidelines and signage by UCCE Fresno.
Farming During COVID-19 Webinar Series with CAFF/Farmer's Guild
FAQ for Ag Operations by UCCE Marin County.
Good Meat Project a switchboard for listing meat for sale.
***NEW Guidance for Farm Direct Sales and Pick-Your-Own operations during COVID-19 (pdf) by CDFA
Industry Resources by California Farm Bureau Federation.
Meat Resources by Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network for those raising livestock and for businesses that process and sell meat. Includes ability to list meat for sale and listing of online sales platforms.
Online Sales with a change in the supply line, farms are looking for new solutions and consumers are looking for alternatives to purchase produce. Enter online sales:
- Online Sales Platforms for Farmers webinar by Oregon TILTH
- Meat Processors resources for online sales and more by Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network. Including Logistics of Online Sales & Shipping Meat webinar 4/2/2020.
- Small Farm Nation: 3 Marketing Tips During Coronavirus video including virtual tour, farm education series (for kids at home) and PR media outreach. This is a really good video!
Resources for Farmers by Food Animal Concerns Trust includes webinars relevant to this crisis such as Create a Website that Sells, Find & Engage with Customers on Social Media and more.
- **NEW Travel in the New Normal, Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health & Safety of All Travelers by U.S. Travel Association (pdf)
Supply/Demand Matchmaking by CAFF/Farmers Guild designed to match up needs and surplus in the California food system.
- **NEW** The COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide (PDF, 349 KB), a first-of-its-kind resource for rural leaders looking for federal funding and partnership opportunities to help address this pandemic.
- Farmers.gov updates on USDA actions during the coronavirus emergency.
- USDA Coronavirus comprehensive information on all USDA announcements and actions related to the coronavirus emergency.
- H2-A Visa Program latest information related to the H2A visa program and processing of applications.
- Farm Service Agency Makes Changes to Farm Loan, Disaster, Conservation and Safety Net Programs to Make it Easier for Customers to Conduct Business.
- Rural Development programs for rural residents, businesses and communities.
Financial Resources for Business
- Businesses & Employer resources by State of CA. Includes information about deferral of sales tax payments, extension of tax returns, CA Small Business Loan Guarantee Program and more.
- Sales Tax Deferral businesses with less than $5 million in taxable annual sales can take advantage of 12 month interest free payment plan.
- Tax Return Extensions for calendar year and fiscal year.
- Small Business Resource List of Programs including federal, state, private, local and non-profit sources.
- Sonoma County Coronavirus Emergency for Businesses
- Sonoma County Economic Development Board has some great business resources and is updating this page regularly.
- EDB Business Resource Guide for Coronavirus (pdf)
EDB Staff available to assist:
Lauren CartwrightMarcos J. SuarezChristine Palmer
- California FarmLink Covid-19 Emergency Loans of up to $20,000 with 0% interest for first two years. Two-year loan with no payments required for first 6 months.
- Emergency Grant by Santa Rosa Metro Chamber of Commerce distributing small emergency grants up to $2000 for small businesses (fewer than 20 employees) throughout Sonoma County. Regardless of affiliation with the Chamber or of citizenship.
- Family Farmer Emergency Fund by CAFF/Farmer's Guild Grants range from $1,000 to $5,000, with half of the funds reserved for farmers of color and those from immigrant communities. For operations make a minimum of $10,000 and a maximum of $400,000 in gross sales annually.
- Farmer Relief Fund by American Farmland Trust grants of up to $1,000 each to help them weather the current storm of market disruptions caused by the coronavirus crisis.
- Hello Alice COVID-19 Business Resource Center is offering small business owners and entrepreneurs help and emergency funding. Apply for a $10,000 Emergency Grant and get help with accessing other funding and assistance.
- Save Small Business Fund by U.S.Chamber of Commerce, applications available 4/20. $5,000 grant. Qualification: employ 3-20 people, be in an economically vulnerable community (determined by Zip) and be financially harmed by the pandemic.
- The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund by CCOF provides direct financial assistance exclusively to organic producers who suffer financial losses due to extreme hardship.
Financial Resources For Employees and Self-Employed
If you are self-employed and unable to work or have had your hours reduced due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. Visit EDD's Pandemic Unemployemnt Assistance page and EDD FAQ's page.
If your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19, you can file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.
- OnwardCA a one-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic by the State of CA.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) for those not eligible for regular unemployment. Starting April 28, California will accept applications for individuals not eligible for regular unemployment and who are unable to work due to COVID-19.
**NEW Office of Personnel Management guidance on HR flexibilities and authorities related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Employees should contact the human resources office at their employing agency if they have further questions on specific authorities and flexibilities.
Comprehensive guide for Immigrant Californians by the State.
California Immigrant Resilience Fund provides direct cash assistance to immigrant Californians who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, but are excluded from federal relief and ineligible for most state safety-net programs.
Eligible immigrants can apply through local partners. Given the devastating economic impact of COVID-19 on undocumented communities, many of our local partners have long waiting lists and may not be accepting new applications for assistance at this time.
El Fondo de Resiliencia solamente ofrece asistencia financiera a través de organizaciones comunitarias locales. El coronavirus ha devastado communidades indocumentados. Muchas de las organizáciones con que trabajamos ya tienen listas de espera por las peticiones para el fondo de efectivo gratis y varios no están aceptando nuevas peticiónes para ayuda.