Sudden Oak Death
2014 SOD Blitz - APRIL 19
April 19, 2014 - This Spring, find the bay trees that remain infected through drought. Meetings will be held in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma and Cloverdale.
- Sebastopol 9-10 AM, Sebastopol Center for the Arts, 282 South High Street
- Santa Rosa 9-10 AM, Spring Lake Park Environmental Discovery Center, 5585 Newanga Ave
- Cloverdale 11-12 AM, Cloverdale Historical Society, 215 N. Cloverdale Blvd
- Sonoma, 9-10 AM, Sonoma Community Center, 276 East Napa Street
or go to http://ucanr.edu/2014blitz
A Reference Manual for Managing Sudden Oak Death in California
A new publication from the USDA Forest Service by Swiecki and Bernhardt, December 2013.
Excellent, free, see it here. It covers what we know, what we don't know, about:
- Management before, during and after infection
Managing Sudden Oak Death, a Meeting for Forest Landowners
March 22, 2014, 9 am-2 pm. Salmon Creek School, 1935 Bohemian Highway, Occidental, CA.
Sponsored by University of California Cooperative Extension and Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District
Nov 9 Community Meeting in Cloverdale
New areas of infection in the County, what to expect, and what you can do about it.
Saturday November 9, 10-11:30 am, Cloverdale Historical Society, 215 N Cloverdale Blvd, Cloverdale Map/directions
No registration necessary, open to all.
SOD Community Meeting
- Saturday, November 2, 2013
- 10 am-Noon
- UCCE, 133 Aviation Blvd, Santa Rosa
- FREE, but please register here: http://ucanr.edu/sodmeeting
- Presented by Dr. Doug Schmidt of the UC Berkeley Forest Pathology Laboratory
You will learn the most recent information on SOD; IPM approaches to managing SOD; and how to select oaks for treatment
2013 SOD Blitz
The results are in, see them HERE.
Attend a meeting in Cloverdale in November 2013 to discuss Blitz results. Check back here for date, time, and location.
What are your concerns about SOD?