Livestock and Range Management
Stephanie Larson - Livestock & Range Management Advisor
The livestock and range program works with ranchers and producers, addressing such topics as animal health and welfare, marketing, and the management of range and natural resources. The program also cooperates with local resource agencies, conducting research in the wise stewardship of lands, humane methods of predator control, and sustainable agriculture for the livestock industry.
UCCE Livestock & Range Blog
Great News! Ken Tate has agreed to expand his presentation at the upcoming California Ranch Stewardship Workshop on October 21 from 1- 4 pm at the Farm Advisors' office! His presentation is entitled Research Update: Grazing and Environmental...
Ranching and California's Drought – A Workshop and Webcast November 7, 2014 • What the U.S. Drought Monitor means to you • How CA Ranchers are coping with the drought• New feeding strategies for livestock in drought•...
Insect Pests of Animals: Searchable Pesticide Database The UC Riverside Veterinary Entomology Extension Laboratory has developed an on-line database of pesticides registered in the State of California for use against arthropod pests of animals. ...
UCANR Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Livestock, Forestry and Natural Resources CE Positions By July 21, 2014
The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources created a call in January of 2014 for new UCCE Advisor and Specialist positions. The goal for filling these positions is to strengthen and rebuild the UC ANR network to meet programmatic gaps...
Below is a repost from UC Davis College of Agriculture and Environmental Science newsletter. Most will recognized the name, Mel George, be it colleague, mentor, innovator or friend. I wanted to share this since so many of you are familiar with our...
On This Site
- Value Chain Analysis - These economic impact analyses provided estimates of how each agricultural business, dairy, grass-fed beef and grain operations, affect both job creation and generate business and tax revenue in the North Bay.
- Rangeland Ecosystem Services - Includes information on different ecosystem services, existing ecosystem services markets, valuation tools, mitigation banks and government programs. It also includes Decision Support Matrices for rangeland ecosystems. The DSM's provide an outline, complete with references, to assist with the management of specific ecosystems that can be found on California rangelands.
- Grass-fed Livestock - Includes a video produced by UCCE Sonoma County outlining grass-fed livestock management practices as well as links to a variety of resources.
- Our Rangelands: Exploring the rangelands of Sonoma County and Beyond - lesson plans for grades 4 through 6.
- Resources - links to resources and sites about livestock and range management.
- Fact Sheets - Pasture management and rangeland management fact sheets.
- UCCE Livestock & Range Beef Cattle Information - Within the beef pages you’ll find information from UCCE livestock & natural resources advisors and specialists; UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine researchers; and Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) scientists grouped by topics.
- eXtension Beef Cattle - links to the eXtension resources for Beef Cattle
- eXtension Small Meat Processors - links to the eXtension resources for Small Meat Processors.