Livestock and Range Management
On This Site
- Sonoma Sustainable Initiative a multidisciplinary approach to managing working landscapes in Sonoma County.
- Drought Management strategies for livestock & range management.
- Value Chain Analysis - These economic impact analyses provided estimates of how each agricultural business, dairy, grass-fed beef and grain operations, affect both job creation and generate business and tax revenue in the North Bay.
Livestock & Range Management
- Grass-fed Livestock - Includes a video produced by UCCE Sonoma County outlining grass-fed livestock management practices as well as links to a variety of resources.
- Grazing Management Fact Sheets addresses styles of grazing management, carrying capacity and reasons to graze.
- Grazing on Public Lands fact sheets designed to educate park visitors about the importance of working landscapes.
- Rangeland Ecosystem Services - Includes information on different ecosystem services, existing ecosystem services markets, valuation tools, mitigation banks and government programs.
Additional Local Resources
- Fact Sheets - Pasture management and rangeland management fact sheets.
- Our Rangelands Curriculum: Exploring the Rangelands of Sonoma County and Beyond - lesson plans for grades 4 through 6.
- Sonoma Creek Watershed Grazing Waiver - UCCE assistance for landowners in this watershed.
Additional Publications & Resources
- Posters - resource information for poster sessions starting in 2020.
- Publications - links to resources and sites about livestock and range management.
- UC Rangelands resources for livestock and range managers.
Stephanie Larson - Livestock & Range Management Advisor
The livestock and range program works with ranchers and producers, addressing such topics as animal health and welfare, marketing, and the management of range and natural resources.
The livestock and range program also cooperates with local resource agencies, conducting research in the wise stewardship of lands, humane methods of predator control, and sustainable agriculture for the livestock industry.
UCCE Livestock & Range Blogs
Zoom Webinar Series hosted by the Range Management Advisory Committee and the C A Fire Science Consortium. For details and to register see the attached file.
CDFA has a issued a set of new regulations on the use of drugs and on how to identify animals that are to be euthanized. There are 3 attachments. Two card summaries plus a handout for printing and keeping as reminders.
CONTACT: Pam Kan-Rice, (510) 206-3476, firstname.lastname@example.org Cannabis and utilities hold potential for economic development, says UCCE specialist As California strives to recover from the pandemic-induced economic slump, Keith Taylor is taking an...
Farm Service Agency Will Begin Taking Applications for indemnity program July 20th Release & Contact Info Press Release Release No. 0155.21 Contact: USDA PressEmail: email@example.com WASHINGTON, July 13, 2021 — Livestock...
USDA Announces $500 Million for Expanded Meat & Poultry Processing Capacity as Part of Efforts to Increase Competition, Level the Playing Field for Family Farmers and Ranchers, and Build a Better Food System Release & Contact...