Grants & Loans for Disasters
Forest Health Grants for projects to proactively restore forest health in order to reduce greenhouse gases, to protect upper watersheds. Managed by CalFire.
Disaster Assistance Programs with USDA.
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) cost share program to help landowners improve ecosystems including reforestation, soil erosion control and water quality protection.
- Disaster Set-Aside Program (DSA) fact sheet available to producers who suffered losses as a result of a natural disaster and are unable to make their scheduled payment on any FSA debt, FSA is authorized to consider set-aside of one payment to allow the operation to continue. USDA FSA
- Emergency Asst for Livestock, Honeybee and Farm Raised Fish (ELAP) losses due to disease, adverse weather or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, not covered by other agricultural disaster assistance programs. USDA FSA
California IBank offers loan guarantee program to help small businesses obtain low interest business loans and micro-loans for disaster relief. Small businesses, including small farms, nurseries, agriculture-related enterprises and nonprofits that have suffered an economic loss and/or physical damage may apply for the Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program (DRLGP) which offers loans up to $1 million.
SBA's Disaster Loans SBA offers very low interest loan for homeowners, renters and non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who suffered losses caused by a disaster.
Make an appointment with the virtual local office: FOCWAssistance@sba.gov
Phone: (916) 735-1500
Local office: (707) 595-0060
Free to apply, no obligation to take out loan if approved, but if deadline is missed, you won't have an opportunity to apply. Pro tip: apply for the loan and if you need it, it will be there. Apply online at SBA's secure website. SBA is a federal program. Not available for ag enterprises.
- Emergency Forest Restoration Program (EFRP) provides payments to eligible owners of non-industrial private forest (NIPF) land in order to carry out emergency measures to restore land damaged by a natural disaster. USDA FSA
- Emergency Farm Loan Program to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters or quarantine. USDA FSA
- Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) grazing losses due to a qualifying drought condition during the normal grazing period for the county. USDA FSA
- Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by eligible loss conditions, including eligible adverse weather, eligible disease and eligible attacks. USDA FSA
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program(NAP) financial assistance to producers of noninsurable crops to protect against natural disasters that result in lower yields or crop losses, or prevents crop planting. USDA FSA
- Tree Assistance Program (TAP) eligible orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes, and vines lost by natural disasters. USDA FSA