Food Safety for Small Scale Farmers
The links below are to the recorded session of the Ag In Uncertain Times May 7, 2013 webinar: “Food Safety for Small-scale Farmers.” Clicking on the icon for either the video or audio-only version will stream the recording to your location. Download and start times will vary depending on your connection speed. Please be patient, as there may be a delay before the video start button appears on the screen.
* Food Safety Powerpoint Presentation
* Farm Safety Manual Template
* Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
* US EPA Bacterial Water Quality Standards for Recreational Waters
* Good agricultural practices (GAPs) NOTE: See Produce Safety GAPs Manual Template below.
* Las Publicaciones en Español (in Spanish)
* Post-harvest chlorination
* Water disinfestation for pre-harvest and post-harvest applications
* Post-harvest handling of organic crops
* California Department of Food and Agriculture
* UC Cooperative Extension – Sonoma County
* University of California Small Farm Program website
Additional Food Safety Information: