Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H if they meet the following criteria:
- Primary Member: Must be 5 years old on or before December 31, 2021. Youth who turn 9 on or after January 1, 2022 must participate as a primary member until the end of the program year.
- Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Members: Must be 9 years old on or before December 31, 2021. Youth may join if they are not 19 years old on or before December 31, 2021. Youth who turn 19 and who are already a 4-H member may continue capstone activities through December 31, 2022.
4-H Youth Member Enrollment Process
Youth Member Enrollment Process 2021-2022
1. Find a local 4-H Club at http://ucanr.edu/sonoma4h
Contact the 4-H Club Leader or visit during a 4-H Club meeting
2. Submit 4-H youth member enrollment online at https://ca.4honline.com.
- New Member: Create a family profile, create a new youth enrollment, enter all information, and submit. 4hOnline status will show as awaiting review.
- Returning Member: Do not create a new duplicate account!
Login to your family profile and click “Enroll for 2021-2022.” Enter all required information and submit. 4hOnline status will show as awaiting review. To obtain a password, click on “Reset password?” and then check your family email address for the temporary password.
3. Submit $63 program enrollment fee.
- Contact your 4-H Club Leader and/or Volunteer Enrollment Coordinator to discuss payment options. Some 4-H Clubs offer credit card payments while others only accept check or cash.
- Request Fee Waiver: The 4-H Youth Development Program is open to participants, regardless of their ability to pay. To request a waiver or reduction of program enrollment fees, please submit your request in writing to the 4-H Club Leader and/or Volunteer Enrollment Coordinator. Form: https://ucanr.edu/sites/UC4-H/files/145690.pdf
4. The application is reviewed by the 4-H Club Leader and the County 4-H Office. When approved, notification of your 4-H youth enrollment will be sent from 4hOnline.
4-H Projects per club
Still don't know which club to join? Choose based on projects.
Check out our project sheet. Find your interest and join the club!
We are here for you!
Contact our administrative coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call the Sonoma County 4-H Office at 707-565-2681