Restore & Rebuild
- Constructing Fire Safe Homes, UCANR site
- Erosion Control for Homeowner's by USDA NRCS
- Erosion Control on Slopes
- Fire Resilient Homes, UCANR site
- Fire Wise Landscape
- Home Landscaping for Fire
- Home Survival in Wildfire-Prone Areas: Building Materials and Design Considerations
- Homeowner's Wildfire Mitigation Guide
- Landscaping Tips to Help defend Your Home from Wildfire
Prepare for Wildfire: Ready, Set, Go! by CalFire
- Firewise USA Toolkit by National Fire Protection Association
- Fire Safety for Wildland Homes by University of Arizona, 2/2013.
- Homeowners can help keep the blaze at bay even as wildfire rages ways to help protect your home from fire at all times.
- Living with Fire in Sonoma County by Fire Safe Sonoma
- Red Flag Warning: What is it and what should you do?
- Surviving Wildfire - eXtension's Wildfire Information Network (EWIN).
- Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) Communities fact sheet and resources by US Forest Service 4/2015.
After the Disaster
Price Gouging Facts State of California Department of Justice
Preguntas Frecuentes Sobre La Manipulacion De Precios Durante Desastres
Don't Get Burned Twice Consumer Fraud Protection Alert, UCANR
Specific to 2017 Fire Storms:
Post Fire General:
- After the Fire- Returning to Normal provide useful tips to getting back to normal after a fire. FEMA, 8/2012.
- Before and After the Fire understand your risks, identify resources, and know your limitations. Evaluate and modify your property. City of Austin, 4/2014.
- Cleaning Up After a Fire Disaster pdf. Utah State University, 9/2012.
- Cleaning up fire retardant
- Documenting Disaster Losses - Rural Advancement Foundation International, USA.
- Drinking Water & Septic Systems: What you need to know after the fire.
- Firewise USA Toolkit by National Fire Protection Association.
- Picking up the Pieces After a Fire pdf. Red Cross, 6/2003.
- Post Fire Restoration: Fact Sheets by USDA NRCS, 2017
- Post Fire Restoration: Dos and Don'ts by USDA NRCS, 2017.
- Roadmap to Recovery long term guidance for people, businesses and communities after disasters, accidents illness and other events where the full and timely payment of insurance benefits is critically important. United Policyholders.
- Safe Cleanup of Fire Ash, CA Air Resources Board.
- Safe clean up after fire/ Limpiando depues de un incendio, Napa County Public Health Department.
- Safe clean up of Fire Ash in Areas WITHOUT Fire Damage/ Limpieza de Ceniza de Fuego en Áreas Sin Daño de Los Incendios, Napa County Public Health Department.
- What Help is Available for What Types of Disaster Losses? FLAG, 10/2015.
It's a good idea to be cautious with your food and medication after a fire. For facts and suggestions, please view these reports:
- If in Doubt Throw it Out - What to do With Food and Medication After a Fire
- Canned Food Precautions
- Guidelines for Food Safety During Short-Term Power Outages Consumer Fact Sheet