4-H Summer Camp (Summer)
The core of the Sonoma County 4-H camp education program is to empower young people to share as partners in decision making, camp planning and implementation, and camp leadership on a day-to-day basis.
* To provide opportunities to experience personal growth in self-confidence and self-esteem.
* To develop an awareness, appreciation and understanding of the Las Posadas natural environment, including a concern for conservation and stewardship.
* To develop new friends and create lasting friendships.
* To develop a program that makes fun a priority.
* To provide outstanding learning opportunities.
* To develop opportunities for everyone to learn and practice leadership skills.
* To model group living skills in a healthy and safe environment.
As in most 4-H activities, camp is run by teens, called "staffers," who start meeting in the fall to organize all the aspects of camp- everything from the food to the themes for the events. There is one teen staffer to every five youth (called campers). There are, of course, adult chaperones there as well (one for every ten campers) and a nurse and a lifeguard on staff.
Campers take part in all the classic summer camp activities- hiking, swimming, arts and crafts, skits and songs around the campfire. Campers sleep outside under the stars on raised wooden platforms- girls on one side, boys on the other. Each side has its own bathrooms and shower.
Campers LOVE getting mail! Here's how to address it:
Sonoma County 4-H Camp
805 Las Posadas Rd.
Angwin, CA 94508
There is a telephone at camp for emergencies only. 707-965-9662
If you have questions about camp, please call the 4-H Office at 707-565-2681 or email the Camp Coordinators at email@example.com.
Week 1: Lisa Bianchi
Week 2: Michelle Machado
Staff App Due: October 31, 2018
Fall Staff Training: October 26-28, 2018
Spring Staff Training: March 8-10, 2019
Camper Applications DUE:
Camp 1: TBD June 2019, 4:00pm
Camp 2: TBD June 2019, 4:00pm
Camp 1: June 24-29, 2019
Camp 2: July 7-12, 2019
*Staffers will arrive at camp one day prior to camp start dates
Camp Application Forms
Steps 1 & 2 need to be completed in order for your youth to attend camp!
- Camper Application
- 4hOnline Enrollment
(Online Enrollment Instructions)
Camper Payment Plan is not available this year.
- Staffer application 2018-2019
- Enroll/re-enroll online
- Fall staff permission slip
- Spring staff permission slip