4-H Summer Camp (Summer)
Purpose of Camp
The purpose of Sonoma County 4-H Summer Camp is to provide an outdoor setting for group living where young people can design a program to meet the needs of all youth. The camp experience will provide an opportunity for all participants to gain a deeper understanding of their relationships to their fellow man and the natural environment.
The core of the Sonoma County 4-H camp education program is to empower young people to share as partners in decision making, camp planning and implementation, and camp leadership on a day-to-day basis.
* To provide opportunities to experience personal growth in self-confidence and self-esteem.
* To develop an awareness, appreciation and understanding of the Las Posadas natural environment, including a concern for conservation and stewardship.
* To develop new friends and create lasting friendships.
* To develop a program that makes fun a priority.
* To provide outstanding learning opportunities.
* To develop opportunities for everyone to learn and practice leadership skills.
* To model group living skills in a healthy and safe environment.
As in most 4-H activities, camp is run by teens, called "staffers," who start meeting in the fall to organize all the aspects of camp- everything from the food to the themes for the events. There is one teen staffer to every five youth (called campers). There are, of course, adult chaperones there as well (one for every ten campers) and a nurse and a lifeguard on staff.
Campers take part in all the classic summer camp activities- hiking, swimming, arts and crafts, skits and songs around the campfire. Campers sleep outside under the stars on raised wooden platforms- girls on one side, boys on the other. Each side has its own bathrooms and shower.
If you have questions about camp, please call the 4-H Office at 707-565-2681.
Michelle Machado - (707)529-1511
Lisa Bianchi - (707)484-5374
Camp Fee Payment Plan
The Camp Steering Committee is allowing a payment plan for staffers and campers again this year.
Send Mail to Your Camper
Campers LOVE getting mail! Here's how to address it:
Sonoma County 4-H Camp
805 Las Posadas Rd.
Angwin, CA 94508
Wonder what it's like at Camp Las Posadas? Check out our video.
Get updates through text! Sign up here.
Fall Staff Training:
November 10-12, 2017
Staff App Due:
Nov. 1 NO EXCEPTIONS
Camper Applications: TBD
Spring Staff Training:TBD
Camp 1: June 24 - June 30
Camp 2: July 8 - July 14
*Staffers will arrive at camp one day prior to camp start dates
Camp Application Forms
Steps 1 & 2 need to be completed in order for your youth to attend camp!
- Staffer application 2017-2018
- Enroll/re-enroll online
- Staffer payment plan 2017-2018
- Fall staff permission slip
- Chaperone Application
- Enroll/re-enroll online
- Have competed fingerprinting & leadership training
- Food Safety Test Online
- Fingerprint Request Form
Camp Scholarships are available upon request, please contact Camp Coordinator for more information.
There is a telephone at camp for emergencies only. 707-965-9662