Olive Oil Standards
USDA Olive Oil and Olive-Pomace Oil Grades and Standards
CDFA Grading & Labeling Standards for Olive Oil, Sept 2014 Incorporating Amendments through February 16, 2015. Summary Table of California Olive Oil Standards by OOCC.
Olive Oil Commission of California (OOCC) ensures labeling and quality standards of CA OO.
Monitoring and Control of Olive Fruit Fly (OLF) for Oil Production in California, Dec 2014, CAPCA Adviser. This article culminates more than five years of research and observation on control of OLF and outlines the techniques to achieve adequate control and to produce high quality (defect-free) olive oil in the face of this new pest.
For latest information visit IPM's Olive Pest Management pages.
UC Davis Olive Center UC faculty members, research specialists and farm advisors who address the research and education needs of California olive growers and processors. The center also collaborates with institutions worldwide.
California Olive Oil Council (COOC) a trade association with the mission of encouraging the consumption of certified California extra virgin olive oil through education, outreach and communications.
The COOC has a Seal Certification Program.
Olivino Olive Mill in Hopland, a certified organic facility that offers a full range of production services to olive growers.
SEMINARS and PUBLICATIONS
Olive Pest Management
- Controlling Olive Fly at Home
- Monitoring and Control of Olive Fruit Fly (OLF) for Oil Production in California CAPCA Article Published 12-2014
- New Olive Disease (Neofabrea) in California
- Olive Fly Handout for Growers
- Olive Fruit Fly Update Nov. 6, 2013
- Peacock Spot & Cercospora Foliar Diseases
- Sources of Products for Olive Fruit Fly control
- Spanish "OLIPE" Trap for Olive Fly
- Verticillium Wilt of Olives
Olive Oil Processing
- Olive Oil Cultivars, Including Several California Table Varieties for Comparison.
- Processing Techniques Influence on Quality
- Olive Oil Production References
- Olive Oil Yield
- Olive Maturity Index
- Olive Maturity Index Calculator (MS Excel is necessary to use the calculator)
Olive Oil Evaluation
- UC Cooperative Extension sensory analysis panel enhances the quality of California olive oil - California Agriculture Article 2011
- Slide Presentation: The Growers Perspective on Olive Oil Quality
- Olive Variety and Maturity Influences on Quality.
- Olive Oil Quality Top Ten Factors
- Sensory Attributes
- International Olive Council & CA Trade Standard for Olive Oil
- What is "Extra Virgin" and How to Read a Label
- Comparison of Olive Oil Ratings - Trained Tasters vs. Magazine Staff
- Annual UC Sensory Evaluation Course
- California Health and Safety Code for Olive Oil
- International Olive Oil Council list of Recognized Taste Panels
- IOC/USDA Laboratory Standards Table and Laboratory Tests Description
- Testing Laboratories
- Sensory Panels
- Sensory Methods
- Olive Cultivar Comparisons from Around the World, Pages 8-37 in Proceedings of Olivebioteq - Tunisia 2009
- Planting an Olive Tree
- Fertilizing Olives
- Weed Control
- Super High Density Olive Orchard
- Organic Olive Manual
- Pruning Tall or Neglected Olives
- Source of Olive Trees
- Olive Harvesting Equipment
- Grafting Olives: Patch Budding Technique
- Got the right climate for growing olives?
Olive Oil Industry
- Olive Oil Production Cost Study, North and Central CA Coast, 2011
- Olive Oil Production Cost Study-2001
- Olive Oil Production in France -1995
- Olive Oil Production in Italy, 2000
- Olive Oil Production in Spain 1997
- Olive Oil Production in Greece 1999
- Super-high-Density Olive Oil Production Cost Study-2004
- North Coast Olive Oil Production Cost Study 1999
- California Olive Oil Industry Statistics 2004
- Current Opportunities in the California Olive Oil Industry
- Olive Oil Production Cost Study Sacramento Valley 2007
- Olive Oil Production Cost Study San Joaquin Valley 2007
- Interview: Growing Production of Olives & Olive Oil in CA, Feb 2014