Area Cooperative Extension Advisor - Viticulture
Date Posted: June 30, 2017
Closing Date: September 11, 2017
For instructions on application procedures and materials required, please click the above 'Job Description' link.
This position is headquartered in Madera, Madera County, California.
The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for Viticulture will conduct a locally-based extension, education and applied research program to develop and integrate all aspects of wine, raisin, table and grape concentrate production in Madera, Merced and Mariposa Counties.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/
- Facilitate interactions and information exchange among campus based academics, CE advisors and community stakeholders, form and lead local interdisciplinary teams, provide science-based information and encourage translation of advances into practical applications for a sustainable future.
- Conduct and report regular comprehensive needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- Develop collaborative teams with other UC ANR colleagues, including CE specialists, AES faculty, CE advisors and/or others, to address priority issues for UC ANR.
- An earned master's degree or other advanced degrees in disciplines such as viticulture, horticulture, plant physiology or a closely related field by the appointment begin date;
- Ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges;
- The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges;
- Excellent written, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Background or experience in water management and/or plant mineral nutrition is desired.
- Experience in applied research and extension is preferred.
Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/263860.pdf.