Thank you for your interest in becoming a 4-H youth member. Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H if they meet the following criteria:
- Primary Member: Must be 5 years old by December 31. Primary members cannot enroll in large animal projects. Youth enrolling who turn nine on or after January 1st must participate as a Primary Member until the end of the program year.
- Junior, Intermediate and Senior Members: Must be 9 years old by December 31 of the program year and may continue in the program until December 31st of the calendar year in which they become 19 years of age.
4-H Youth Member Enrollment Process
- Find a local 4-H Club at http://cesonoma.ucanr.edu/Youth_Development/. Contact the 4-H Club Leader or visit during a 4-H Club meeting.
- Submit 4-H youth member enrollment online at https://ca.4honline.com. Use these Enrollment Instructions to enroll online at the 4-H Online website.
- New Member: Create a family profile, create a new youth enrollment, enter all information, and submit. 4hOnline status will show as pending.
- Returning Member: Login to your family profile and click “Enroll for 2017-2018.” Enter all required information and submit. 4hOnline adult status will show as pending. Do not create a new duplicate account!
- Submit fee payment of $63.00 to the 4-H Club Leader or the
Volunteer Enrollment Coordinator.
- The application is reviewed by the 4-H Club Leader and the County 4-H Office. When approved, notification of your 4-H youth member enrollment will be sent from 4hOnline.
- Start participating in club meetings, projects, and events!
4-H Projects per club
Still don't know which club to join? Choose based on projects.
Check out our project sheet. Find your interest and join the club!
We are here for you!
Contact our administrative coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call the Sonoma County 4-H Office at 707-565-2681