All-Star Ambassador Program
About the Program
The Sonoma County All-Star Ambassador Program is a working honor, which provides Sonoma County 4-H members more opportunities to expand their leadership, and to serve in a variety of ways throughout Sonoma County 4-H programs.
2015-2016 All-Star Ambassador's are:
Savannah Schell - Sonoma Valley 4-H
Melanie Hanlon - Liberty 4-H
Blake Southard - Alexander Valley 4-H
2017-2018 All Star Ambassador Application
All Star Application is due March 6, 2017
2017-2018 Rising Star Application
Rising Star Application is due March 6, 2017
For More Information
ALL STAR AMBASSADOR RESPONSIBILITIES
All-Star Ambassadors work with the 4-H youth advisor, 4-H program representative, all-star advisor, and must be available to do the following:
- Serve as an active participant, providing a link between 4-H members, clubs, and council.
- Represent 4-H at various levels, not only within their club, but at county, sectional, and state.
- Unless conflicting with Sonoma County Fair, attend state leadership conference.
- Be prepared to install officers, and be integral part of county officer’s training event.
- Host all-star selection for the following year.
- Complete all pre and post work to allow for hosting Sonoma County Achievement Event.
- Be willing and able to assist at county presentation day, and other county events as needed.
- Serve as a positive role model; be receptive to new ideas and challenges and promote 4-H, setting a good example for younger members.
- Represent 4-H to outside organizations when called upon.
- View the All Star Ambassador rank, not as an award, but as a new responsibility and learning experience.
- Be prepared to financially support the all-star ambassador work and responsibilities.
INTERVIEW, PRESENTATION, AND LUNCH PROCESSES
A schedule of the selection day activities will be given to each candidate prior to selection day.
Candidates must attend all-star ambassador selection day, to be considered a viable candidate. On the application cover sheet page, please indicate any special requests, such as food allergies, etc.
The selection day dress code is business casual. Candidates must be present for the entire day, which will terminate following each specific candidate’s interview. A panel of judges will conduct interviews.
A luncheon will be served to the candidates and judges. The judges will rotate during the luncheon meal to share lunch with all candidates.
An interview will be conducted for each candidate following the luncheon. The judge’s panel will conduct those interviews. Following the interview the selection day process is complete. Each candidate will be notified in writing of his or her acceptance or denial, as an All-Star Ambassador.
Each candidate will participate in a presentation. Candidate must provide there own equipment for presentations.