Resources for Parents
Welcome to our Family Resources and Support page! Here you will find handouts and links to more information. Please let us know what you think!
For New Parents
New Parents Packet - contact the 4-H Office for more information about this document: Jesenia Mendoza Club leaders, please make copies for new parents.
- The Cloverpedia offers explanations and definitions of common 4-H terms and words.
- 4-H Adult Agreement As a parent in the 4-H Program, your participation is important for the success of your child. This adult agreement will outline your participation in the program and help us to better communicate in a positive manner.
- NEW Uniform Guidelines as of July 2015. This handy guide will answer your questions about the 4-H uniform.
- Leslie Carman 4H Supplies is the 4-H uniform supply shop including hats, scarves, ties, patches, record book covers and kits for making the 4-H scarf.
- The club should also provide a copy of the following:
- Club by-laws
- Club contact list
- Latest issue of the club newsletter
- Club meeting schedule and project offerings
NOTE: The above documents and information could be provided by the clubs website if applicable.
- T.I.E.S. Time, Interest, Enthusiasm, Safety: A New 4-H Parent Guide.
- Purpose of 4-H livestock projects
- Important Lessons Learned from a Volunteer Leader
Additional Extension Sites
How to Volunteer with 4-H
- For more information about clubs in your area, please call the 4-H office at 565-2681.
- If you would like information mailed to you, send an email to Jesenia Mendoza. Please include your name, city, and telephone number. You can also go here to input your information, and an enrollment coordinator will contact you to answer any questions you have.
Joining 4-H is a three step process. You must complete enrollment paperwork, attend an orientation, and complete a livescan. Check out our new leader page for more information.