The goals of 4-H Fashion Revues are to inspire appreciation of clothing, textiles, consumer science, and personal development.
The theme of 2015 Sonoma County 4-H Fashion Revue (SCFR) is Fashion in Wonderland!
Saturday March 21st, 2015 at the 4-H Center in Rohnert Park
County Fashion Revue Categories
You may enter up to one outfit per category. NOTE: Quilted, County Challenge, Needle Art and Textile categories do not go on to state. See the State Fashion Revue site for details about classes that go on to state (link in right column).
- Traditional: features garments the participant has constructed for him/herself, showcasing sewing skills and the ability to coordinate an outfit. The entry must be sewn by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing and Textiles project. The outfit must contain at least one constructed garment; participants are encouraged to construct additional garments to complete the outfit.
- Upcycled: take one or more existing garments and turn them into a new, different, and wearable garment. Add a handmade accessory. The upcycled garment must be sewn by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing & Textiles project. Additional upcycled and/or sewn garments are encouraged to complete the outfit. A “before” photograph showing the original garment(s) is required. This is not an alteration such as a large dress altered to fit a smaller person. It is a complete change such as pants and a shirt made into a dress. Other fabrics and material may be added during the construction process.
- Consumer Science Purchased: $40.00 limit for the entire outfit, includes shoes but not sales tax. Receipts from the current 4-H year are required for any item that is visible. Gifts, prior purchases, and items without receipts are not eligible for this category. Receipts from yard sales, etc. may be hand written. There is no 4-H project requirement.
- Jacket Challenge & Costume Challenge (see below)
The following compete at County level only:
- Coming soon...
State Fashion Revue (SFR) Challenge Categories
State Fashion Revue theme: "Through the Looking Glass"
Jacket Challenge: tiered requirements - Junior: construct a jacket using any pattern, any fabric. Intermediate: construct a jacket and one other garment. Senior: construct a jacket and other pieces to complete an outfit. The entry must be sewn by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing & Textiles project. What is a jacket? For this category it covers the upper body, has sleeves of any length and opens in the front. Other construction details such as fasteners, collar, lapels, pockets, lining, etc. are optional, determined by sewing experience.
- Costume Challenge: use any technique, any materials, and any pattern to create a costume. It does not need to be sewn from fabric but it does need to be made by the participant, not purchased. There is no 4-H project requirement. The theme and costume must be 4-H appropriate.
State Fashion Revue Service Projects
State Fashion Revue is coordinating two service projects.
- Pillowcases for Ronald Mc Donald type housing, Children’s Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Special Needs Camps, and other venues throughout California.
- Hats for youth and adult cancer patients, newborns, homeless drop-in shelters or to till a need in your community. They can be made of fleece, soft fabric or knitted/crocheted of soft yarn.
2016 Fashion Revue
133 Aviation Blvd, Ste 109 Santa Rosa, CA 95403
You must turn in a complete paper entry form packet.
No on-line or email entry forms will be accepted. Download and turn in application packet.
Fashion Revue Manual
CAUTION!! Some categories have changed! Refer to this site and State Fashion Revue Site for accurate class details. This manual contains information to both participate in and coordinate a fashion revue.
State Fashion Revue Site
Learn about the event, entry categories and service projects.
County Fashion Revue Co-Chairs
Schedule for the Sonoma County Fashion Revue. Friends and family are invited to attend the Fashion Show & Awards Ceremony.
9:00 Judge Orientation
12:00 Lunch break
(lunch available for purchase)
1:00 Fashion Show &