55th Annual ChickenQue
Purchase your tickets from a 4-H member or call 565-2681
What is ChickenQue?
ChickenQue is a fundraiser and open house for the Sonoma County 4-H Program. 4-H members and their families from all over the county come together to host the largest single day chicken BBQ west of the Mississippi! They have been doing this for the last 53 years without fail. Our 4-H members host interactive booths featuring the many projects they are involved with as 4-H er’s. This is a great family event and an opportunity to learn about 4-H. Please come out and be part of this wonderful event and enjoy a good meal rain or shine!
Fun for the whole family!
The ChickenQue belongs to every 4-H family both past and present. We have worked hard to maintain the essence of the historic event while helping it evolve to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. We started as an annual picnic/BBQ that brought 4-H families and friends across the county together for a day of fun and relaxation.
Fast forward to our 2015 event: we now have evolved into an event that is an open house that highlights all the wonderful things 4-H in Sonoma County has to offer prospective 4-H’ers and their families!
There are many opportunities for clubs and club members to participate in the Chicken Que:
- Dessert Donation - all families must donate at least one cake, a dozen cupcakes or one 9 inch pie; clubs earn $1 per cake
- Cake Contest - enter your cake in the cake contest. Cakes judged at the event, counts towards Dessert Donation.
- Open House Club Booth - ChickenQue is also open house for 4-H, promote your club activities by having an activity booth.
- Mini Garden Contest - create a mini garden in a container using the theme "My Favorite 4-H Project"
- CQ Poster Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to make a poster.