53rd Annual ChickenQue
May 4, 2014
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
11:30am - 4:30pm
Purchase your tickets from a 4-H member or call 565-2681
What is ChickenQue?
ChickenQue is a fundraiser and open house for the Sonoma County 4-H Program. 4-H members and their families from all over the county come together to host the largest single day chicken BBQ west of the Mississippi! They have been doing this for the last 52 years without fail. Our 4-H members host interactive booths featuring the many projects they are involved with as 4-H er’s. This is a great family event and an opportunity to learn about 4-H. Please come out and be part of this wonderful event and enjoy a good meal Rain or shine!
Fun for the whole family!
Order your Chickenque T-shirt!
Congrats to Megan Groverman from Liberty 4-H for winning the Chickenque t-shirt drawing contest two years in a row! T-shirts with her design are now available to order. Make sure to return your form at the March 27th Chickenque meeting or to the 4-H Office by 3pm on March 27th! Click for order form.
The Chicken Que belongs to every 4-H family both past and present. We have worked hard to maintain the essence of the historic event while helping it evolve to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. We started as an annual picnic/BBQ that brought 4-H families and friends across the county together for a day of fun and relaxation.
Fast forward to our 2014 event: we now have evolved into an event that is an open house that highlights all the wonderful things 4-H in Sonoma County has to offer prospective 4-H’ers and their families!
2014 Chicken Que Rebate Incentives guidelines: Each club has the ability to earn $200.
Fair Appreciation Day
Come out to the fairgrounds on March 22!
In appreciation and recognition of the support the Sonoma County Fairgrounds has given to the 4-H program, we want to give back! Details on flyer.
There are many opportunities for clubs and club members to participate in the Chicken Que:
- VOLUNTEER! - this event requires MANY HANDS - check out jobs on Saturday and Sunday for members and adults.
- Dessert Donation - all families must donate at least one cake, a dozen cupcakes or one 9 inch pie; clubs earn $1 per cake
- Cake Contest - enter your cake in the cake contest. Cakes judged at the event, counts towards Dessert Donation.
- Open House Club Booth - ChickenQue is also open house for 4-H, promote your club activities by having an activity booth.
- Mini Garden Contest - create a mini garden in a container using the theme "Stars and Stripes"
- CQ Poster Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to make a poster.
- Cake Auction - earn more money for your club!