56th Annual 4-H ChickenQue
The Sonoma 4-H Open House & 56th Annual Chicken BBQ
Sunday May 7th, 2017
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
Purchase your tickets from a 4-H member or purchase online.
What is the 4-H ChickenQue?
Chickenque is an open house to introduce the 4-H program to members of our community, as well as a fundraiser for the Sonoma County 4-H. For 56 years, 4-H members and their families from all over the county have come together, rain or shine, to host the largest single day chicken BBQ west of the Mississippi! Our 4-H Clubs host interactive booths featuring the many projects their members are involved with. Please come out and be part of this wonderful event, enjoy good company and a good meal! Fun for the whole family!
The 4-H Open House & ChickenQue belongs to every 4-H family both past and present. We have worked hard to maintain the essence of the historic event while helping it evolve to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. We started as an annual picnic/BBQ that brought 4-H families and friends across the county together for a day of fun and relaxation.
Fast forward to 2017: we now have evolved into an event that is an open house that highlights all the wonderful things 4-H in Sonoma County has to offer prospective 4-H’ers and their families!
The 2017 4-H Open House & ChickenQue is a great way for clubs to earn rebates for their participation in all of the Chickenque activities. From cakes to informational booths, see how you can earn money for your club!
There are many opportunities for clubs and club members to participate in the4-H Open House & ChickenQue:
- VOLUNTEER - it takes many hands to put on this event. 4-Hers and their families sign up on-line.
- Dessert Donation - each family must donate at least one two-layer cake, a 9 X 13 pan of brownies (uncut) or one 9 inch pie; No refrigerated desserts, please.
- Cake Judging Contest - enter your cake in the cake contest. Prizes awarded at Chickenque.
- Open House Club Booth - Promote your club activities by having an activity booth.
- Open House Community Booth - This is a great opportunity to showcase your organization.
- Mini Garden Contest - create a mini garden in a container using the theme "4-H Grows Here"
- CQ Poster Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to make a poster.
- T-Shirt Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to design artwork for the 2017 event t-shirt.
- T-Shirt Order Form - Available to purchase NOW! Orders must be made by MARCH 16th.
- Fair Appreciation Day - Our clubs and members are encouraged to come to a work day at the fairgrounds on April 9th to thank the fair for allowing us to use their facilities for the 4-H Open House & ChickenQue.
- ChickenQue run flyer