Livestock, Dairy, Equine & Pets
* * * During a Disaster * * *
If you need assistance with your livestock during a disaster, please contact:
Sonoma County Animal Services
2019 Kincade Fire
If you need water delivered to your livestock/horses, leave a message at 707-565-3442.
If you experienced agricultural losses from the fire, contact our office, we can help you assess losses, connect you with funding sources and suggest practices to implement before the rains.
- Livestock, Pasture, Range: Stephanie Larson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vineyard: Rhonda Smith email@example.com
Sonoma County Farm Bureau has set up a fund to assist agricultural community effected by the fires. To learn more, visit their GoFundMe page.
Pets & Livestock
- Preparing Pets for Emergency, UCD WIFSS
- Saving the Whole Family, American Vet Medical Asso
- Wildland Fire Safety for Your Livestock and Pets, CalFire
Livestock & Dairy
- Dairy Emergency Checklist, UCD WIFSS
- Developing a Wildfire Plan for Livestock, UCCE Sonoma
- Disaster Planning for Livestock, Univ of Vermont
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Guide for dairy and livestock farms, Cornell Cooperative Extension,
- Fire Preparation for Ranchers: Writing Down Your Plan, UCCE Sierra Foothills
- Flooding & Livestock Owners, UCD WIFSS
- Ranch Emergency Checklist & Emergency Kit, UCD WIFSS
- Wildfires, Smoke and Livestock, UCD Vet Medicine, 2008
- Are You & Your Horse Ready for Emergency Evacuation?, The Horse, UCD Vet Medicine
- Fire Safety in Horse Stables, PennState Exetension
- Flooding & Equine Owners, UCWIFSS
- Making your Horse Barn Fire Safe, Humane Society
- When Disaster Strikes, What Will You Do?, includes videos, UCD Vet Medicine
- Wildfire Preparedness for Horse Owners, CSU Extension, 3/2014.
Preparedness, Training & Recovery
- UCD WIFSS Disaster Preparedness: serving the global community by conducting research, developing training, and providing outreach programs that will enhance the health and security of people, animals, and the environment, Western Institute for Food Safety & Security (WIFSS), a program of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- HALTER Horse & Livestock Team Emergency Response