Master Gardener Applications Due
Date: September 23, 2019
Time: All Day
Sponsor: UCCE Sonoma County
The UC Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization that provides education to home gardeners. Master Gardeners of Sonoma County have a deep commitment to community service and are willing to volunteer as agents of the University of California Cooperative Extension.
If accepted into the UC Master Gardener Training Program in Sonoma County, Trainees must:
- Attend ALL training classes every Thursday, January through May. There may be one class held on a Saturday.
- Complete nine hours of training at the Information Desk. This training is individually scheduled during February and March and is in addition to the training classes mentioned above.
- Be fingerprinted and pass a background check.
- By June 30 of the year following the completion of the Training Program, volunteer for and report at least 50 hours on approved Master Gardener activities. These hourly requirements are fulfilled by working at the Information Desk and on selected other projects.
- Volunteer each year after the first year for at least 25 hours per year on approved Master Gardener volunteer activities, plus complete at least 12 hours of approved continuing education.