Improving Lamb Marketing- Quality and Producer Profitability
Date: January 18, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sponsor: Hopland Research & Extension Center
Location: Hopland Research & Extension Center
California Wool Growers Association (CWGA) is hosting four interactive workshops focusing on improving lamb marketing and quality as well as producer profitability by applying innovative management practices and technologies. This Hopland REC workshop is closest to Sonoma.
- Genetic Selection to Improve Lamb Quality and Ewe Productivity
- Increasing Lamb Production Efficiency with Accelerated Lambing
- Effective Nutrition Management Practices – Proper Forage Analysis & Mineral Supplementation
- Management Tools for Herd Optimization and Production Efficiency
- Best Management Practices for Sheep Operations
- Lamb Feeding and Management Practices
Interactive demonstrations will focus on utilizing ultrasound technology to identify unproductive ewes, utilizing “teaser” rams, ewe culling practices, electronic animal identification, record-keeping, body condition scoring, pasture lambing, FAMACHA scoring, predator management, and much more. Agenda and registration.
- Workshop Cost ∼ $25.00 for CWGA members, $35.00 non-members
- Registration Deadline January 8
- To register complete the application or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 444-8122.
Since 1860, the California Wool Growers Association (CWGA) has been the voice of the California sheep industry, delivering lasting value to support and grow all segments of the California sheep industry. For information or questions about CWGA, please contact the CWGA office at (916) 444-8122 or email@example.com.