Agriculture Land Preservation
Date: June 27, 2017
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Contact: Karen Giovannini firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: UCCE Sonoma County
Location: UCCE Sonoma County
Discussion with Sonoma County Ag Preservation & Open Space District about the Vital Lands initiative and findings from conservation easement survey conducted by UCCE.
Karen Gaffney and Alex Roa, Sonoma County Ag Preservation & Open Space District
- Vital Lands – where does SCAPOSD go from here? What would you like them to do?
- Conservation Easements – How do they work? Do they require public access? What are the priorities of the District?
- Ag Easements and other possible solutions for preserving ag land in Sonoma County – What are Ag Easements? How do they Work? What are some other options?
Stephanie Larson, UCCE Sonoma County
- Conservation easement survey findings – Assessment of how landowners allocated proceeds. Assessment of the success of the easement to preserve agriculture.
- Payments for Ecosystem Services – What is it? How could it work?