Open House Booth
Open House and Chicken BBQ
Event Date: May 6, 2018
Applications due in County Office April 13th by 4PM
The Open House is the best opportunity 4-H members have to showcase
the Sonoma County 4-H program to our community. Any project can plan a booth,
and members who participate can receive credit in their Record Books,
as well as compete for the Perpetual Livestock and Non-Livestock Trophy
Each booth will need at least two 4-H members present from 10:30AM to 4:30PM
to answer questions and keep the display in order.
The most popular booths have been ones that involve participation by the public. Don’t forget to bring
buckets for water, feed and any equipment, posters, etc. to educate the public about your project.
Each booth will be supplied with tables and chairs.
Qualifications for the award:
• Booths must be set up by 10:30AM, clean up begins no earlier than 4:30PM, removed by
• Judging will begin at 11:00AM.
• Include Club name and name of project large enough to easily be seen by the public.
• Include information or activity that educate and involve the public.
• Stall should be neat and organized. No food or trash.
• Be creative in your presentation. Include clear instructions and well-labeled posters that educate the public about your project.
1. REMEMBER, NO SALES OF ANY TYPE ARE ALLOWED
2. NO FOOD ALLOWED IN THE BARN
3. PLEASE FOLD UP TABLES AND CHAIRS AND RETURN TO THE CART AT THE END OF THE
Tables will be set up outside the barn for you to eat your lunch.
Only drinks are allowed in the barn. This is a California Safety Code that we all must follow.
The small pens for the animals are approximately 8’x 8'. Large pens are approximately 15 feet long. Please supply your own small cages for small animals. Any hay, straw or droppings from animals MUST be removed at time of departure. Disposal bins and tools will be provided.No exceptions!
If your club/project fails to return chairs and tables to the designated areas, or fails to
remove hay, straw, droppings or garbage, you will not be eligible for the financial incentive.
Disposal bins will be provided.
Please contact Latisha Tristano at Tristanolatisha@gmail.com with any questions