4-H ChickenQue (May)
The Sonoma 4-H Open House & 58th Annual Chicken BBQ
Sunday May 5th, 2019
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
The 4-H Open House & ChickenQue belongs to every 4-H family both past and present. We have worked hard to maintain the essence of the historic event while helping it evolve to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. We started as an annual picnic/BBQ that brought 4-H families and friends across the county together for a day of fun and relaxation. Fast forward: we now have evolved into an event that is an open house that highlights all the wonderful things 4-H in Sonoma County has to offer prospective 4-H’ers and their families!
Check out the 2017 chickenque video! Thank you froggy 92.9!
The 4-H Open House & ChickenQue is a great way for clubs to earn rebates for their participation in all of the ChickenQue activities. From cakes to informational booths, see how you can earn money for your club!
- CQ details- Are you ready?
- 4-H Open House & ChickenQue Rebate Flyer
ChickenQue Rep Meetings:
February 28, 4-H Office @ 7 PM
March 28, YAL Center @ 7 PM
April 25, YAL Center @ 7 PM
Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019 Meal Tickets $13.00
ONLINE CREDIT CARD TICKET PURCHASE AVAILABLE ON FEBRUARY 1ST
Tickets will be available for sale at your club at the end of February
GO TO http://www.sonomacountychickenque.com TO PURCHASE TICKETS AND
FIND LINKS TO ALL CHICKENQUE INFORMATION
There are many opportunities for clubs and club members to participate in the 4-H Open House & ChickenQue:
- Chickenque Ticket summary - Tickets and club checks are due to the 4-H office on TBD
- VOLUNTEER -Please use the following link to sign your family members up for work shifts for ChickenQue set-up on Saturday, May 4th and for the ChickenQue on Sunday, May 5th. Please note, you must complete a separate registration for each family member. Volunteer sign in will be at the Livestock Office across the grass from Saralee and Richard's barn next to the Sheep Ring.
SATURDAY, MAY 4TH, HOURS TBD
SUNDAY, MAY 5TH, 8AM – 6PM
Online sign ups available March 15th
- Dessert Donation - Each family is responsible for baking a 2-layer cake or 9” pie or 9x13” pan of UNCUT bars/brownies for ChickenQue. You are responsible for delivering and signing in your item.
- Cake Judging Contest - enter your cake in the cake contest. Prizes awarded at ChickenQue. MUST COMPLETE ENTRY FORM AND FAX OR SCAN AND EMAIL TO TESSA AT THE COUNTY 4H OFFICE NO LATER THAN APRIL 12TH… NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Open House Club Booth - Promote your club activities by having an activity booth. Application for Club Booth MUST COMPLETE BOOTH APPLICATION AND FAX OR MAIL TO TESSA AT THE COUNTY 4H OFFICE NO LATER THAN APRIL 12TH… NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Open House Community Booth - This is a great opportunity to showcase your organization.
- Mini Garden Contest - create a mini garden in a container using the theme "4-H, One Size Fits All". MUST COMPLETE SHEET AND FAX OR SCAN AND EMAIL TO TESSA AT THE COUNTY 4H OFFICE NO LATER THAN APRIL 12TH… NO EXCEPTIONS!
- CQ Poster Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to make a poster. POSTERS MUST BE TURNED IN AT THE MARCH CLUB MEETING. CLUB POSTER FINALISTS WILL BE JUDGED AT THE APRIL CCC MEETING. All criteria must be met for the poster to be judged
- T-Shirt Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to design artwork for the event t-shirt. NEW THIS YEAR!! 4-H MEMBERS CHOOSE THE WINNING DESIGN!! Clubs will vote and determine their top two designs at March club meetings. Final judging will be made online by all 4-H members from March 25 – April 5. All criteria must be met for the drawing to be considered
- T-Shirt Order Form - Available to purchase, TBD. Orders must be made by TBD
COUNTY CONTACT INFO:
Tessa Matuszak, County 4H Office
CHICKENQUE COMMITTEE CONTACT INFO: