4-H ChickenQue (May)
The Sonoma 4-H Open House & 57th Annual Chicken BBQ
Sunday May 6th, 2018
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
The 4-H Open House & ChickenQue belongs to every 4-H family both past and present. We have worked hard to maintain the essence of the historic event while helping it evolve to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. We started as an annual picnic/BBQ that brought 4-H families and friends across the county together for a day of fun and relaxation. Fast forward: we now have evolved into an event that is an open house that highlights all the wonderful things 4-H in Sonoma County has to offer prospective 4-H’ers and their families!
Check out the 2017 chickenque video! Thank you froggy 92.9!
The 4-H Open House & ChickenQue is a great way for clubs to earn rebates for their participation in all of the Chickenque activities. From cakes to informational booths, see how you can earn money for your club!
There are many opportunities for clubs and club members to participate in the 4-H Open House & ChickenQue:
- 2018 Chickenque Ticket summary - Tickets and club checks are due to the 4-H office on Wednesday May 23rd by 4pm!
- VOLUNTEER -Please use the following link to sign your family members up for work shifts for ChickenQue set-up on Saturday, May 6th and for theChickenQue on Sunday, May 7th. Please note, you must complete a separate registration for each family member. Volunteer sign in will be at the Livestock Office across the grass from Saralee and Richard's barn next to the Sheep Ring.
- Dessert Donation - each family must donate at least one two-layer cake, a 9 X 13 pan of brownies (uncut) or one 9 inch pie; No refrigerated desserts, please.
- Cake Judging Contest - enter your cake in the cake contest. Prizes awarded at Chickenque.
- Open House Club Booth - Promote your club activities by having an activity booth.
- Open House Community Booth - This is a great opportunity to showcase your organization.
- Mini Garden Contest - create a mini garden in a container using the theme "4-H is Sonoma County Strong"
- CQ Poster Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to make a poster.
- T-Shirt Contest - all 4-H members are encouraged to design artwork for the 2018 event t-shirt.
- T-Shirt Order Form - Available to purchase NOW! Orders must be made by MARCH 16th
- Fair Appreciation Day - Our clubs and members are encouraged to come to a work day at the fairgrounds on March 11 to thank the fair for allowing us to use their facilities for the 4-H Open House & ChickenQue.
- ChickenQue run - Chickenque run will not be available for 2018