This program does not replace the National Awards program but rather compliments it. The program allows members to be recognized for their individual accomplishments. Project Proficiency is a way to develop your skills and project information base. If a member completes a Proficiency level they should record their achievement under “Honors and Recognition” on their Personal Development Report Form in their Record Book.
Sonoma County 4-H Presentation Proficiency
Any member who has given a presentation at County Presentation Day is eligible to participate in the Presentation Proficiency Program (whether they received a gold award or not), including Primary members. Does not include Share the Fun, Cultural Arts or Impromptu Presentations.
- To give 4-H members opportunities to share with others what they have learned in 4-H
- To recognize 4-H members who give presentations for various groups, thereby increasing their proficiency in making public presentations.
- To promote 4-H within our communities.
- GIVE A PRESENTATION AT COUNTY PRESENTATION DAY. This is a requirement because the presentation will be judged (with the exception of Primary presentations) and all members receive feedback.
- GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION A MINIMUM OF 5 ADDITIONAL TIMES.
- At least 2 of these must be given to non-4-H groups (service clubs, schools, etc.)
- 3 of these may be given to 4-H groups (Sectional and/or State Presentation Day, club meetings, project meetings, etc.) as long as there are at least five or more people present.
After each presentation, have an authorized adult (preferably not your parent) sign and date the Application for Presentation Proficiency
When you have completed 5 presentations (as outlined above) submit the application to your club leader for their signature of approval.
Sign the application and send it to the 4-H Office by 3 PM on September 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
Appropriate medals will be awarded at the Annual Achievement Event held in the fall each year