Mini Garden Contest
2017 Mini Garden Contest
THEME: Healthy Living
Do something fun with your club, design your own “Mini Garden”! This year’s theme is “4-H Grows Here”! Use the creativity in your club to plant and create a “Mini Garden”. Your garden will be displayed atop a barrel at 4-H Open House and Chicken BBQ and prizes will be awarded to the top three Gardens.
- One Mini Garden per club, AND/OR one Mini Garden per project or individual.
- Your Mini Garden must be self-contained and measure no larger than 21.5 inches in diameter.
- Attach a card with Club/Project and Garden Name. Be creative in naming your garden.
Gardens will be judged the morning of Chickenque and ribbons will identify the top three placing gardens.
Judges will be looking for:
- Ability to follow directions
- Use of the theme "4-H Grows Here"
- How well your garden promotes 4-H
Remember, the judge’s ruling will be final! Prizes will be awarded at the Annual Leaders Training in August.
HOW TO ENTER
- Submit the entry form by April 14th, 2017 at the 4-H Office.
- Your Mini Garden must be delivered to Fairgrounds on
Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 10AM-12PM
- You are responsible for picking up your garden at the end of the event
- 2017 Mini Garden Contest Entry Form